Saturday 16 March 2019

Do The Write Thing...

Hello again, I hope your doing good.

Firstly thanks so much for all the fantastic support on my last piece. Ye are all far too kind. So I mentioned at the end of that blog about how with the help of a curly haired fairy with a love for all things purple helped me find my words to get writing again. Technically not a fairy although away with them, she may just be.  😂

Mrs Grainne McCool I Dedicate This To you. A blog piece will have to do you until the books published! 

So it all started with an event invite through Facebook called Positive Mental Well-being In Language And Words a class on a Friday night running for six weeksInitially I loved the idea of it, then came the anxious voice that gave me the doubts and fears that come with starting any new class or course. I silenced them for a wee minute and signed myself up for the course. I am sure many of you know Grainne and if you don't well you should. I met grainne many moons ago at a fitness class and running group which honestly I will need to join again if the last class was anything to go by. The most delicious home baked goodies I've ever tasted and I am still thinking about them two weeks later. Do you see how easily I get distracted when foods involved? 😎 Anyway what i was trying to say is that while I knew grainne I wasnt at all confident about starting the class. I also hate calling it a class because its most definitely not but I don't know what else to call it so it will have to do. Grainne runs the group on a pay weekly or in one payment at the start, which is great because if like me and you are not sure if it will be for you or not just try it out, you never know. 

Week 1 arrived and I was nervous all day trying to talk myself out of going and it was all down to the fear of the unknown. I had a good talk with myself and headed to the class. Its great the group is similar to fight club in that what is talked about there stays there. No judging and I will leave the rest to Brad. 👇👇👇



So while I can't say much and also don't really want to as you need to join up. Well maybe not all of you as I still want my spot, but it is such a nice thing to do and work does get done. Eventually. We have many chats, many more laughs and we write. Now some of the topics of the tasks Grainne sets us are bonkers and is the very reason you would think the fairys kidnapped her long ago. Yet even though she received confused looks and many questions the final results in each task were so inspiring. I myself along with a few others were all surprised with what we would come up with. Some joined having never wrote before and now come up with so many positive quotes and amazing writing. 

The weeks flew by, but thankfully it will continue and has been giving a lovely name The Write Place  (facebook link) I always knew how talented Grainne is as she has her own blog North West Culture Gal, has a fantastic kids writing group The WRITE STUFF Kids Club, a freelance writer with Irish Music Magazine and many many more. I don't know how she does it, but she does and she does it fantastically well. So with all her work and general day to day on goings with endless cups of coffee Grainne still finds the time to help others. God I sound like such a fan girl 😂 Don't care though because I am. 👏 

Never Stop Being You Mrs McCool!! (like seriously the name says it all)

As Always Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and Look After Your Sunshine
xO Leonie 

Oh, get liking the pages above and join up you will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment