Tuesday 23 June 2015

Don't you speak to me like that!!

Hello you guys, how use all doing?

Now lately I've been thinking about the way I think of myself! Haha that doesn't sound right, does it? Well anyways what I mean is if the thoughts I had about myself were said to me by someone else, boy would I dislike them and possibly want to high 5 their face. So I was sitting one day and thought how dare I speak to myself the way I do, sounds completely crazy (excuse thee pun) and maybe it is. But honestly I can't see me being constantly negative about myself gonna help matters one bit. Now throughout this post it may seem like I talk to myself a lot but I swear it's all done silently in my head so just don't calling my doctors yet! 

Self image

If I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror you'd most likely hear, "look at the state of you" "loose a bit of weight" "your a mess" and well in fairness most of these days my hair probably didn't meet the hairbrush and I put on the first thing I found in the wardrobe. But imagine someone you know saying them things to you! Would you accept it? Absolutely not!! So why on earth do we tolerate constant put downs from ourselves. I know I need a good kick up the arse from myself  (giggling picturing this! Might try it later when finished) 

Parenting

Is anyone the perfect parent? What does that even mean? I know I look at other mums and wonder how on earth you doing all that. See these mums who seem to have constant playtime and still manage to run a house. Hats of to you! I envy you a lot. But in reality I hope that my kids will say I was a great parent despite the amount of time we will disagree and have a wee fight. This in an example of a wee argument between me and my 3 year old recently. Miley asked for a drink so I went to the fridge and got her a purple one but she wanted a green one. Seems easy to fix but nope I only had purple. So after a lot of discussion on how it was the purple drink or water. My lovely little innocent 3 year old stamped her foot, told me she didn't want me anymore, then stormed down the hall and slammed yes slammed the door shut! My first thought was dear lord help me when she is a teenager, my second was that was some door slam for her age and then it hit me. The words "I don't want you anymore", I felt like shite the nasty thoughts came in fast "bad mother" "you should of done this" "you should of done that". I sat down put my head in my hands and wondered how could a question, can I have a drink end in this? Well basically I made myself think awful things for no reason because less than ten minutes after the fight, up she came with some pretend tea and cake for me. I asked her "are we friends now?" Her reply, "of course we are, your silly mammy" while she went and grabbed the purple drink and drank it. So there you have it, I'm silly but I need to get my act together before she's a teenager. There's going to be fight but hopefully in the end tea and cake will fix it all again. 

We need to stop putting ourselves down, I can bet the way you feel about yourself is not how someone else sees you. Let's stop beating ourselves up because of a few flaws or because we don't do things by the book and someone may judge. No matter what you do people are always gonna judge, especially yourself, so let's start being kind and let's start with ourselves. 

Stay safe, stay healthy and look after your sunshine,

xO Leonie 

No comments:

Post a Comment