Saturday 25 April 2015

Fitness: one step at a time

Hello again, I hope your well. 

Now if any of you have researched natural ways to beat depression online the main thing you will see again and again is diet and exercise. It worked for me in the past but I hate diets I mean really really hate them. Yes I no clean eating is the best to make you feel better and drop extra weight if needed. But seriously veg or fruit has never made me smile the way a bar of chocolate does. Well that's kind of a lie strawberries or pineapple covered in chocolate straight from the fridge is pretty amazing though I don't think it counts. As for exercise well as soon as I loose the amount I want to I stop and then it's back to square one again. So I'm jumping on the bandwagon again after seeing numbers on the scales I've personally never seen before. 

Now some days my diet is great and other days it's shocking. Like this morning I had good intentions to be healthy started of with my green tea and that was it finished! I had a purple snack bar to go with it but I felt a bit guilty so me and Kaelyn got ready and headed for a walk. It was either that or wash the windows and ain't nobody got time for that. Now I'm very lucky where I live has a great walking route just one downside it had a very steep hill known as the spink in the middle of it. So feeling confident after my 5k with the girls from Mia's funfitness last night I decided to hit the hill straight on. Well I woulda needed 'Maria the motivator' there with me because Kaelyn she fell asleep straight away so was zero help. I pray no farmer was in the fields surrounding the spink this morning because u may of thought a brawl was going on but nope, all the "Feck yous" or "I'm gonna beat you ya wee b*#@h" and my favourite hit the spink get rid of spanks were all for that hill. 

As soon as I made it to the top, the view is amazing and is totally worth it. It just personally made me realise that at the end of that struggle I got a stunning view. So hopefully after every struggle the result is just as good. I coulda went the opposite way and started with the beautiful view and ended in the doom and gloom of trees but I preferred it my way. 

So I'm very early on in my wee fitness journey and really writing it on here I'm hoping it means if I quit (again) I'll be totally embarrassed because I've let everyone know. This all started 2 nights ago when I mentioned in a Mia's fun fitness post how I would love to do the Darkness into light run NEXT YEAR. To give me plenty of time to build up my fitness level. But well that didn't happen we are now planning to do it in under 3 weeks. Madness absolute madness but I think and hope I will manage it. So last night I got back on the horse along with the girls and they are all great motivators. I managed a 5k with Maria by my side. I did have to walk every now and then but still finished it without my legs snapping like I tried to tell her they were gonna. It's such a laugh and I encourage anyone who is looking to start running to check out Maria's running group it's called fun fitness for a reason because the laughs are plentiful. 

My diet well I hope to get it sorted in time but for now I'm just not willing to give up my chocolate. Honestly Ireland needs the money I spend on it each week. Oh I know I'm only fooling myself, bla de bla.. But let's take this one step at a time and hope the view at the end is good. 

Stay safe, stay healthy and look after your sunshine.

xO Leonie 


No comments:

Post a Comment